- Community Partners
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) (October)
- National Stalking Awareness Month (NSAM) (January)
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) (April)
- National Crime Victims' Rights Week (NCVRW) (April)
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) (June)
- ALL Grant Program
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD)
Please Join Us In Commemorating World Elder Abuse Awareness Day on June 15
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) is recognized annually on or around the 15th of June. Since its inception in 2006, communities throughout the country and around the world have used this day to raise the visibility of elder abuse by sharing information about abuse, neglect, and exploitation in later life and promoting the resources and services that work to increase victim safety and improve offender accountability.
IDEAS FOR RAISING AWARENESS ON JUNE 15
- Host a public awareness event geared toward seniors.
- Send out a press release, hold a press conference, or submit an editorial to discuss elder abuse awareness and prevention efforts.
- Host a conference or training focused on elder abuse awareness and available community resources.
- Develop a PSA on elder abuse with a local TV or radio station.
- Educate yourself and others about elder abuse.
- Be a guest speaker on elder abuse for a local radio show.
- Create a poster on elder abuse.
- Use graphics on your website, blog, or in your email signature block to draw awareness to elder abuse and prevention efforts.
- Host a public awareness activity that includes politicians, seniors, local programs, survivors of abuse, and others.
- Ask local leaders, e.g., Mayor, County Executive, and Governor, to release a proclamation declaring June 15 as Elder Abuse Awareness Day.