- Community Partners
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) (October)
- National Stalking Awareness Month (NSAM) (January)
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) (April)
- National Crime Victims' Rights Week (NCVRW) (April)
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) (June)
- ALL Grant Program
Training professionals about elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation can enhance victim safety and offender accountability. Although the number of reported elder abuse cases grows each year, currently too few professionals receive training on how to recognize or effectively respond to elder abuse cases.
The Office on Violence Against Women Abuse in Later Life program (OVW) provides funding for communities to train law enforcement, prosecutors, court personnel, and victim service providers. Grantees are also required to participate in cross-training events to enhance a coordinated community response. NCALL is the technical assistance provider for the OVW Abuse in Later Life program. For more information on the Office on Violence Against Women Abuse in Later Life grant program, please visit the Office on Violence Against Women Abuse in Later Life program (OVW) page or contact NCALL staff.
NCALL has trained thousands of professionals throughout the country. NCALL has coauthored or assisted in the creation of eight national model curricula. Our staff has also partnered with Terra Nova Films to create two DVDs and training guides highlighting the voices of older survivors. To request an NCALL speaker or consultant for a conference, training or workshop, contact NCALL staff.
SELECTED TRAINING GUIDES, RESOURCE MATERIALS, WEBINARS and CURRICULA
- Indicators of Elder Abuse Among Older Patients - December 9, 2014
Carolyn Ziminski Pickering, PhD, RN. Michigan State University, College of Nursing
- Walk in Our Shoes: Working with Older Survivors of Abuse (2011)
- In Their Own Words: Domestic Abuse in Later Life (2010)
- A Mother Never Gives Up Hope: Older Mothers and Abusive Adult Sons (2009)
- Building a Coalition to Address Domestic Abuse in Later Life (Revised 2004)
- Interactive Training Exercises on Abuse in Later Life (2004)