- ALL Grant Program
Abuse in Later Life Information Sheets
In 2013, to honor World Elder Abuse Awareness Day, the National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life (NCALL), developed a series of information sheets to increase awareness of abuse in later life and to provide valuable information and resources to service providers and justice professionals who may work with older victims. The series includes the following:
- An Overview of Elder Abuse: A Growing Problem – A brief introduction to the issue of elder abuse, including recent statistics related to prevalence.
- An Overview of Abuse in Later Life – A comprehensive discussion of “abuse in later life” and an explanation of why the term takes certain variables into consideration.
- Unique Challenges in Abuse in Later Life Cases – A list of various challenges that often arise when working with older victims so that service providers know what they may encounter and thus can be better prepared to provide effective services.
- Working With Victims of Abuse in Later Life – A series of tips for service providers to consider when working with older victims.
- Working Together to Effectively Address Abuse in Later Life – A reminder to reach out to all necessary agencies and organizations when working with abuse in later life cases.
- The OVW ALL Grant Program – An overview of the Office on Violence Against Women Abuse in Later Life Program which specifically addresses the issue of abuse in later life.
- Resources – A comprehensive list of resources related to elder abuse and abuse in later life.
- WEAAD Poster – A poster for you to display in your workplace to remind others of the
upcoming event. For more information about World Elder Abuse Awareness Day and to
access an electronic version of the poster please visit: www.ncall.us/content/weaad.